Monday, September 15, 2014

First Impressions of Electronic Literature

Usually, the words “electronic” and “literature”, never seem to go hand in hand with each other, or at least that’s what I have become accustomed to as I’ve progressed in schooling.  Walking into the class with exactly zero idea about what the course really seemed to be about, I sat in the middle of the sea of others who had a tighter grasp of what the course cultivated of. The Professor first walked in and automatically radiated a somewhat uncommon aura that let the class know she was passionate about her occupation and essentially, the class itself. Throughout the 3 hours, I came to the understanding that electronic literature isn’t just an idea, it’s really another coming of age way of grouping both technology and literature together in a more  profound procedure; a way that allows everyone to appreciate literature in not only a more artistic fashion, but in a more simpler style. Literature gives us the images as we read to truly absorb the language, context, and surface area of a plot, but electronically, we as the outside spectators are also allowed to branch out and view other perspectives of it.
Ornate writing aside, I thoroughly enjoyed the class and what exactly I’m going to get myself into.  Personally, I absolutely love graphic design and English has always been a love I continuously grow more and more fond of as I grow older. So when I came to the conclusion that both of these worlds would actually collide into one another to create theoretically, beautiful pieces of art, it’s safe to say I was blissfully surprised as well as enthusiastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment