Monday, November 3, 2014

First Artifact!



So for my first artifact to connect my character, Emma Lynn, to Rachel Bahar, I decided to go on a more modern way of communication. To fully understand my character, I used the social media network known as instagram to accurately tell her life through pictures and captions. However, because Rachel Bahar isn't a fully formed character background wise or even has an appearance yet, I was able to tie both Emma and Rachel together via hashtags (#) and exchanges of comments on pictures.
In terms of technicality, the viewer doesn't necessarily have many choices in terms of where to click, but every click goes more in depth of Emma and how her life as an intern, yoga enthusiast, and even happily engaged.

As far as the map, I wanted to set up for the viewer how both interactive and at times redundant that technology can be.  I began with a picture of an iphone turned off, and the viewer has to click and proceed to turn the phone on and to click on the instagram app logo to log-in. Once the app has been pressed, the log in screen is presented with Emma's username and password already typed in (her password is written in asterisk's to preserve her privacy of her profile). Once you are logged on, you get a view of Emma's profile and can click on a few pictures to which the viewer is then presented with pictures, captions, and conversations via comments. Some hashtags you can click on and towards the end, the viewer has the chance to click on Rachel's username to view her profile, unexpectedly such as technology does, her page goes missing or rather, that instagram is has some technical issues and is unable to give the viewer Rachel Bahar's life, leaving the mystery of her life still untold but not unknown.

I used thinglink.com to help create my artifact and implore all new users to go and use it for further projects!

Start Here: http://www.thinglink.com/scene/584554345119350788


No comments:

Post a Comment